|Focus levels are numerical, content-neutral labels for specific altered states of consciousness associated with specific Hemi-Sync binaural beat combinations defined by The Monroe Institute (TMI). From a physiological point of view, they correspond to specific objectively measurable brainwave frequency distributions.|
There is significant agreement by those who induce them that each Focus Level has a distinct subjective mental flavour. These flavours tend to be notably non-pedestrian, as the brain states associated with them are rarely encountered naturally outside of meditational contexts. For example, anecdotal reports commonly suggest that Focus 15 feels “beyond time”, and that levels beyond Focus 22 relate to perceptions of various planes of afterlife existence. Higher-numbered Focus Levels are generally felt to be extremely profound and spiritual in nature. The concept of Focus Levels has been used extensively by Robert Monroe, Bruce Moen and Maureen Caudill.
The levels are numbered, with Focus Level 1 (sometimes called C1) being Earth and higher levels being more and more spiritual by nature. Caudill mentions a few Focuses beyond Focus 49.
- Focus 1 – Physical Waking Consciousness. The level of awareness in which people spend most of their daily, waking lives.
- Focus 3 – Basic Hemi-Sync. The first level where Hemi-Sync starts to have an effect on the person.
- Focus 10 – Mind Awake / Body Asleep. The physical body sleeps and the mind is awake.
- Focus 11 – Auto-suggestion state.
- Focus 12 – Expanded Awareness. The awareness is expanded beyond the physical body.
- Focus 15 – No Time exists. The awareness is expanded beyond time and place.
- Focus 18 – Unconditional love / heart energy state.
- Focus 21 – Other Energy Systems. The awareness is expanded to realities and energy systems beyond normal time, space and physical matter.
- Focus 22 – At this level people are unconscious or partly conscious. People in coma, suffering from delirium or dementia, under the influence of drugs or alcohol; patients who are anesthetized or comatose. This level is chaotic, people are confused and very difficult to communicate with.
The levels above are mainly inhabited by people in physical existence. Beyond these levels this is not the case.
- Focus 23 – Inhabited by those who have recently left physical existence (i.e. have died). They are either not aware of this or not able to become free from their ties to life on earth. They are isolated from contact with others.
- Focus 24, 25, 26 – Belief System Territories. Somewhat similar to Focus 23, however people here are not isolated but live in groups. The inhabitants are humans from all periods and areas who have accepted and subscribed to various premises and concepts. All inhabitants of a specific territory are in contact with all others who share their beliefs. Contact with anyone holding conflicting beliefs is very limited.
- Focus 27 – The Reception Center. An artificial area created by human minds, designed to ease the trauma and shock of the transition out of physical reality. It takes on the form of various earth environments in order to be acceptable to the wide variety of newcomers. Contact and communication is open between all inhabitants. Many people living in Focus 27 provide assistance to new arrivals to help them adjust to their new situation. This is a highly organized and structured area.
- Focus 33 – Creation, a “creative area”
- Focus 34/35 – The Gathering. Beings from many other locations within the physical universe are gathered here to witness the upcoming Earth Changes. Consciousness of the monad (“I-There” in Monroe terminology)
- Focus 42 – I-There cluster consciousness
- Focus 49 – Sea of I-There clusters
Focus Levels are grouped into sevens. The state categorizations follow this pattern:
- Focus 1, 15, 22… – Security states
- Focus 23… – Outer reality states
- Focus 3, 10, 24… – Inner reality states
- Focus 11, 18, 25… – Love states
- Focus 12, 26… – Healing states
- Focus 27, 34… – Ascension states
- Focus 21, 35, 42, 49 – Wholeness states